Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas baking and stitching...


Thought I better get into the Christmas spirit and make the gingerbread men the kids have been wanting to make and decorate...











The one with the overload of M&M's is Mads.. Surprise , surprise. :-)
Also the squeezy bottles with the icing tips were a gift from Coral and the most wondeful things..so easy, clean and cute to use..

Also made these overnight minted meringues..you make them and put them in a pre heated oven , then turn it off and leave overnight...







This afternoon , I'm on to shortbreads...

I haven't stitched anything for the last few months..lost my mojo..but I have kitted up this cute little limited edition JN gingerbread mouse.



The fab 4 weekend in Nov, these were released, think we timed the arrival of the email with us up late talking. Within 5 mins of looking at it, we had ordered 4.. Yes we are pathetic..lol but we have done the gingerbread scissor keep..so we had to have this too..

Then I saw CCN releasing a monthly series of christmas houses ..






Coral and I are doing them, we both brought the fabric and didn't like it, Coral came up with the idea of doing it on an afghan..
So her search was on... After numerous ideas , she found an afghan in her Aladdin's cave of stash..lol
It was big enough for 2 ..so I received this yesterday and it's already to go..she even sent me instructions on what to do..afghan wise and tacked the edges for me...



I need to get back to doing things I love to do and it might just take my mind of all the other "stuff"..

I need to realize I have 2 healthy wonderful children, I'm healthy have a good job, we have a roof over our heads, food on the table, so it's not all doom and gloom.. I am grateful for what I/we have...

Lee-Ann xx

2 comments:

coral said...

Beautiful men and you can bite their heads off ...lol...
...and yes you are a gorgeous lady and so good at the things you do you need to get back enjoying them...life is GOOD! ((()))

Chris said...

Lovely cookies! and holiday stitching too. You are amking it feel like Christmas!