Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A weekend away... how can it be so hard to do ??

Yes my weekend away with the girls is finally happening. Its been a drama getting there though.

It was orginally in March, now its May 1st.

PLAN A - We have had a weekend organised for over a year now, paid deposits, then final payment made -

then the bushfires ...how does that effect my weekend away ...well 2 weeks after the bushfires we were going to The Cumberland in Marysville - yes the Cumberland is gone - and so is Marysville..

PLAN B - into effect - Kristeen one of the organizers offers her farm at Yellingbo, she was on ember and fire alert for a few weeks and we finally get the OK to go

BUT.....

2 weeks before we go, Kristeen gets major bad new regarding her health - so its postponed till she is back on her feet and now has gotten a clean bill of health.. yipee...

so

PLAN C - is now happening - the weekend is now May 1-3rd, still at Kristeens ...yipee again ....

BUT ....

last Monday Coral - the other main organizer decideds that a blemish in her onion needs removing - and so does her thumb !!

Tuesday she was having micro sugery to re-attach an almost amputated thumb, repair arteries and tendons, and now in a splint device for a few weeks...

BUT .... we are still going .....

so after bushfires, surgery and an almost amputation we are finally getting together. It better be a fantastic weekend !!


I am catching a train to Lillydale where my wonderful friend Helen is picking me up, then on Sunday dropping me back to catch the train home..

BUT ...

I just found out that Geelong is playing in Melbourne on Sunday and I am going to have to catch the train home with all the "weirdos"... oh its going to be so much fun coming home and Geelong better win.. :-)

back next week with heaps of photos...

xxx

p.s...

I had a wonderful birthday and thankyou to everyone for all the birthday wishes...

as you can see kids gave me a DS - have played it already, and my mum gave me money - already brought a bag with it ...and will go get another pandora charm for my bracelet.


No comments: